Fibromyalgia Action UK
About Fibromyalgia Action UK
Fibromyalgia Action UK is the leading national charity supporting people in the UK affected by fibromyalgia, an incurable widespread pain condition. It has 21 years of experience of pioneering in this field and in July 2015 it combined efforts and expertise through a merger with FibroAction.
FMA UK is a registered charity run primarily by unpaid volunteers. Our volunteers are the backbone of everything we do and without them we could not accomplish any of our goals.
Up to 2.7 million people in the UK live with fibromyalgia. We know people living with this condition in every community, in every profession in every part of the country and we are here to support them as they deal with this challenging condition.
Every year we provide direct support services to thousands of people in the UK. We are the only fibromyalgia focused charity in the UK, which produces evidence-based information about fibromyalgia. Our information displays the NHS ‘Information Standard’ mark, which means it is accurate, verified, up-to-date, can be trusted and used by healthcare professionals and patients alike.
By raising awareness of fibromyalgia among medical professionals, politicians and the general public, we are improving the knowledge about this condition and strive for the availability of treatment options to be better accessible to everyone who needs them.
Fibromyalgia is a debilitating chronic pain condition. It manifests with widespread pain, chronic fatigue and sleep deprivation. The pain can present in any part of the body. Sufferers experience hypersensitivity to pain, touch and other stimuli, such as smell, weather, temperature and sensory overload. It is generally thought that fibromyalgia is a neurological condition, caused by faults in how pain is transmitted through the central nervous system. Symptoms are generally noticed between the ages of 30 and 50 and can affect either gender but are predominantly diagnosed in women. However it can affect anyone at any time in their life.
Extreme fatigue, pain and sleep deprivation often mean that sufferers are unable to undertake everyday tasks, like dressing, shopping, cooking, are often unable to work and frequently require assistance with personal care. Fibromyalgia has a devastating effect on the sufferers’ and their families’ lives.
FMA UK is a charity providing support services such as:
· An online support forums is available 24/7 with office bearers of the charity being available to help. Health Unlocked to provide those living with Fibromyalgia a way to communicate with others & share their experiences. https://healthunlocked.com/fibromyalgia-action-uk
· Free Information Booklets for patients, young people, healthcare professionals and about pregnancy and fibromyalgia.
· UK wide system of local support groups
· Providing the insurance cover required for registered fibromyalgia support groups to operate
· Email support system where Regional Coordinators answer questions and refer people to local support
· Awareness event support, including awareness items, e.g. posters, leaflets, t-shirts and many more items with many being offered free.
· Fundraising support for local support groups or people wanting to raise awareness and funds for FMA UK.
Run for Fibromyalgia Action UK
Apply for a Charity Entry
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our Charity Runner FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
Already have your Own Entry?
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Fibromyalgia Action UK via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.
Fibromyalgia Action UKSHOW CONTACT DETAILS
If you are interested in becoming an Affiliate Charity, please click here.