There are 3 different ways to become a charity runner at Scottish Half Marathon.
The first two are types of Charity Entry where your chosen charity will cover up to the full cost of your entry and expect you to raise a minimum amount of sponsorship money in return. The third is where you purchase your Own Entry and fundraise for a charity of your choice, with no minimum sponsorship commitment:
- Instant Charity Entry (ICE) – You can enter right away!
- Apply for a Charity Entry – Wait up to 21 days for approval.
- Own Entry Fundraising – Cover the whole cost of your entry yourself.
1. Instant Charity Entry (ICE)
ICE means that your entry in the event is ‘approved’ as soon as you submit your details – no turning back! Your chosen charity may require that you pay a regisration fee towards the cost of your entry, which you can find out more about by visiting their page on this website.
How to complete an ICE:
- Visit the page of your chosen charity. It must be either our Official Charity or one of our Premier Affiliate Charities.
- Scroll to the ICE section at the bottom of the page and choose your event.
- Complete the online entry form. This will include information about registration fees if applicable and will advise the miminum sponsorship you are required to raise. If you already have a ‘My Details’ account you should log in before competing the online entry form. If not, you can set up an account as part of the entry process.
- Click ‘Enter Now’.
- Congratulations! You have now entered your chosen race. If you are required to pay a regsitration fee to your charity, please ensure you do so straight away to ensure your entry is not withdrawn.
2. Apply for a Charity Entry
If you would like a Charity Entry with one of our Affiliate Charities, rather than the Official or Premier Affiliates, you will need to apply for a Charity Entry.
Your chosen Affiliate Charity will have 21 days (or until entries close, whichever comes first) to decide whether to approve or decline your application before it expires automatically. You cannot apply to more than one charity at a time, but if you do change your mind while awaiting approval, you can cancel your application.
How to apply:
- Visit the page of your chosen Affiliate Charity.
- Scroll to the Charity Entry section at the bottom of the page and choose your event.
- Complete the online application form. If you already have a ‘My Details’ account you should log in before competing the application form. If not, you can set up an account as part of the entry process.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive an email from the event organisers within 21 days (or before entries close, whichever comes first) to advise whether or not your application has been successful. During that time, your charity may contact you directly to discuss your application and minimum sponsorship requirements/registration fees.
3. Own Entry Fundraising
You are welcome to purchase your Own Entry (e.g Standard) in your chosen race and fundraise for any charity of your choice.
If you have purchased your Own Entry and would like to fundraise for one of our listed charities, you can log in to your My Details account after you have purchased your entry and click the link to ‘tell a charity I have my own entry’. We will then inform your chosen charity and they will be in touch with you directly to discuss fundraising etc.
If you have purchased your Own Entry and would like to fundraise for a charity not listed on this website, you are welcome to do so however you would need to contact the charity directly to discuss fundraising etc.